MICRONEEDLING USING SKINSTYLUS®
What is Microneedling?
Also known as Collagen Induction Therapy
The basic idea behind Microneedling is to stimulate the production of new collagen. Using the skin’s ability to heal itself, puncturing the epidermis and sometimes dermis with microscopic needles triggers the production of new collagen.
Microneedling is used to improve skin tone and texture, treating the appearance of aging, scarring, stretch marks and pigmentation marks from acne and sun damage.
How is SkinStylus® different from Dermal Needling Rollers?
The SkinStylus® Microneedling System is a unique fractional technology that offers exceptional results rivaling fractional laser resurfacing and chemical peels without the pain, downtime, and removal of precious skin layers, regardless of skin type.
An automated microneedling devices move in a vertical direction for better precision when treating the skin. Unlike automated microneedling the roller does not create a precise vertical action.
How does the SkinStylus® Microneedling System work?
Collagen is a protein that gives our skin its structure, working like a netting to hold skin cells together. It also gives skin a smooth and youthful appearance, as we have it in abundance when we’re young. As we age, collagen starts to break down.
The tiny needles used in skin the SkinStylus® Microneedling System makes microscopic channels in the skin, triggering the body’s healing response to kick-start production of new collagen and elastin, plumping up the skin.
Benefits of SkinStylus® Microneedling System
- Reduced risk of hyperpigmentation and scarring therefore safe on ethnic or dark skin.
- Suitable for thin and sensitive skin
- The procedure is well tolerated and well accepted by the clients.
- It is cost-effective, and can be done on areas of skin not suitable for peeling or laser resurfacing, such as near eyes.
- As opposed to ablative laser resurfacing, the epidermis remains intact and is not damaged. For this reason, the procedure can be safely repeated if needed.
- The client can resume regular activities within a few hours, depending on the depth of penetration of the needles.