As you consider procedures you may want to have done, it’s important to know why you’re seeking cosmetic or plastic surgery and determine whether or not it’s right for you—not just physically, but also mentally and emotionally.
Board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Jay Lucas, takes the overall health and readiness of his patients seriously. During your initial consultation at The Lucas Center, we’ll do a physical health assessment, discuss any previous or current health concerns, and check-in with you on your mental headspace to determine whether or not you’re a good candidate for the procedure.
Keep in mind: This is your time to ask questions! It’s important to us that your experience is highly tailored to you. What’s best for you long-term… What’s going to help achieve your unique goals… These are the kinds of things we take into consideration, so you receive precise, desired results tailored to your specific body.
To help ensure you’re making an informed decision before committing to a procedure, here are a few key questions you may want to ask us during your personalized consultation…
Questions for Dr. Lucas:
- Are you board-certified?
- How frequently do you perform this procedure?
- Does this procedure require anesthesia? If so, what type?
- Does this surgery have any risks or potential complications?
- What type of pain medication, if any, will I need after surgery?
- What will recovery be like? What downtime can I expect?
- Based on this consultation, do you feel I’m a good candidate for this procedure? Why or why not?
- What is the total cost of this procedure?
Note: Payment plans are available at The Lucas Center. We’re happy to discuss your options during this time!
- Who can I call if I have questions about post-op care and recovery?
- Where will the procedure take place?
- Do I need to fill out or bring any paperwork on the day of my surgery (link to ‘surgery day checklist’ blog once posted)
Hopefully, these questions will serve as a great starting point in helping you feel confident and informed about your decision to have a cosmetic or plastic surgery procedure.
Have questions not mentioned in this article? Whatever they are, we’re here to help! Give us a call at (865) 218-6210 or contact us online to get your questions answered.