Jay H. Lucas, M.D.
Prominent Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon in Knoxville, Tennessee
Dr. Lucas, a native of Blacksburg, Virginia, came to Knoxville in fall of 2002 with the goal of opening his own practice. Prior to arriving in Knoxville, he was in private practice in Charlotte, North Carolina and served as a member of the clinical faculty for The University of North Carolina Division of Plastic Surgery.
If you ask Jay, he’ll tell you that education and experience are the two tenets that have guided him throughout his career. He received his notable education from some of the nation’s most prestigious medical centers and has become well-versed in countless advanced aesthetic and reconstructive services. His extensive craniofacial and pediatric plastic surgery experience also gives him a unique perspective of the human anatomy that helps provide each patient with the most precise outcome possible.
Jay recognizes that the plastic surgery field requires an in-depth understanding of the human body from both an anatomic AND creative point of view. His innate love of aesthetics and belief in the power of confidence is what led him to become a surgeon and officially open the doors to The Lucas Center in 2004. Since then, he’s been proudly creating confidence for people all across the greater Knoxville area and beyond.
“I went into plastic surgery because I want to help change the way people perceive themselves. Each human body is covered with striking, unique attributes — real beauty that, when accentuated, creates real confidence.” – Dr. Lucas
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA. M.D., 1991-1994
Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Va., D.D.S. Magna Cum Laude, 1987-1991
Roanoke College, Salem, Va., B.S. Chemistry, Cum Laude, 1983-1987
Post Doctoral Training – Fellowship
Craniofacial and Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, Palo Alto, CA, 2000-2001
- Plastic Surgery, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia, 1998-2000
- General Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1997-1998
- Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery, Hospital University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1991-1997
- General Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1994-1995
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, September 2002
- Maintenance of Certification (MOC), 2011
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member, The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Member, American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- American Society of Plastic Surgery, Young Plastic Surgeon Committee
- Fort Sanders Parkwest Medical Center, Surgical Quality Assurance Committee Member, Thompson Multidisciplinary Breast Cancer Team, Thompson Cancer Survival Center